Welcome one another, therefore, just as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God." - Romans 15:7
Who we are:
We are a parish of the Metropolis of San Francisco of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, which is under the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople.
The people of our parish come from America, and around the world. Church services are sung in English. In each Divine Liturgy, the Lord ’s Prayer is spoken in as many languages as is requested. The aim and purpose of our Parish is to keep, practice and proclaim the Orthodox Christian Faith pure and undefiled.
- proclaiming the Gospel in accordance with the Orthodox faith
- sanctifying the faithful through God's grace in worship,
- enhancing people's spiritual life,
- instructing others and receiving them into the Church
- teaching the Orthodox faith and the ethos of the Church, which is the Body of Christ (Ephesians 1:23) and "the pillar and ground of the truth" (I Timothy 3:15).
Veneration of Apostle Peter's Precious Chains
Saints and Feasts Commemorated
Veneration of Apostle Peter's Precious Chains; Righteous Hierodeacon Makarios of Kalogeras; Romilo the Monk of Mount Athos; Nicholas the New-Martyr of Mytilene; Peusippos, Elasippos, and Mesippos the siblings, and their grandmother Neonilla
Visit the Online Chapel for more daily readings, hymns, a monthly calendar of saints and feasts, and more.
Current Saint Nectarios Christian Orthodox Activities
December 19th - Saturday Morning Liturgy at St. Nectarios - Pasco.
Bookmarks (Links) for Online Meetings:
First Friday Monthly Activity - Online and At-home
Akathist to St. Nectarios Service - First Friday of Month at 6:0pm
Next Service is on December 4 starting at 6:00pm. Akathist to St. Nectarios, Wonderworker of Aegina and Pentapolis is held on the first Friday of each Month.
- Online: The on-line services can be joined using the above Zoom software link.
- At Home: For those who cannot (or do not want to) use online access, you are invited to join the prayers by holding the Akathist Service in your home starting at 6:00 pm.
Please call/contact the church if you would like an Akathist to St. Nectarios service text either emailed or mailed to you. The text for this service text is also available on this website.
Weekly - Saturday Online Activities
- Saturday 4:00 pm: Weekly Orthodox Study Group with Father John - All are welcome in join in a lively discussion of Orthodoxy
- Saturday 5:00 pm: Saturday Vespers Service - Interactive Service with Father John.
Weekly - Sunday Online Activities
- Sunday 10:00 am: Divine Liturgy. Father John has invited us to join him in his home to help him celebrate the Divine Liturgy Service (Zoom meeting). Please join us and give us feedback.
- Sunday 1:00 pm: Fellowship Time – Every Sunday, an informal time to share. Just talk, no agenda other than Christian Fellowship! In several fellowship times the sharing has even included singing by participants.
How to Join a Meeting
All are welcome to join us! Most people connect to meeting from a computer or cell phone by clicking on the provided link. If asked, install Zoom on your device. Once it is installed, just close Zoom (you do not need to, or want to, login). Then go back to and click on the link provided for the meeting again. The host for the St Nectarios Zoom meetings is normally Jim Droppo (Cell Number: 5O9 366 8745). Meetings start about 15 minutes early to provide a time to welcome new participants. Jim Droppo will be available to answer any questions.
Please plan to listen to, or participate in some, or all, of the above activities. The format is quite informal - typical of a small congregation. A list of activities for November is given at the bottom of this Newsletter.