Welcome one another, therefore, just as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God." - Romans 15:7
Who we are:
We are a parish of the Metropolis of San Francisco of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, which is under the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople.
The people of our parish come from America, and around the world. Church services are sung in English. In each Divine Liturgy, the Lord ’s Prayer is spoken in as many languages as is requested. The aim and purpose of our Parish is to keep, practice and proclaim the Orthodox Christian Faith pure and undefiled.
The work and ministry of our Parish includes:
- proclaiming the Gospel in accordance with the Orthodox faith
- sanctifying the faithful through God's grace in worship,
- enhancing people's spiritual life,
- instructing others and receiving them into the Church
- teaching the Orthodox faith and the ethos of the Church, which is the Body of Christ (Ephesians 1:23) and "the pillar and ground of the truth" (I Timothy 3:15).
Saint Nectarios Greek Orthodox Mission Church
627 West Bonneville St., Pasco WA 99301
Online: St. Nectarios offers several online activities.
1) Weekly Activity: Fellowship Time: St. Nectarios holds a weekly informal St. Nectarios Fellowship Time Activity on Sunday starting at 1 pm (using Zoom Software) Fellowship time is an opportunity for parish members to call in and share. Father John will join us when he can. Unfortunately, with the online Fellowship Time, you must provide your own food and coffee.
2) Monthly Activity: Akathist to St. Nectarios, Wonderworker of Aegina and Pentapolis: Starting on the first Friday of August at 6:00 pm, we have an online Akathist to St. Nectarios Service using the Zoom software. Attendees take turns reading the service. If you don't have a copy of the service, the text for the "Akathist to St. Nectarios" prayer service is provided under at tab on this website.
3) Orthodox Study Activity (Weekly): We have re-started our Orthodox study class with Father John using the Zoom software. Starting on July 25th, this meeting will be held Saturdays at 4:00 pm.
NOTE: You will not need a copy of the book to participate in this study activity. Each part of the passage (that has been selected for discussion) will be read aloud - after each part is read, the study group will discuss that part of the passage.
4) St Nectarios is considering having an online Vespers Service on Saturdays following the study class. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.
Please see 'Announcements' (under the 'About Us' Tab) for additional information about St. Nectarios activities.
The Orthodox Marketplace - The offical online store of the Greet Orthodox Archdiocese of America
Iconogram: Share the Orthodox Christian Faith with an Icongram
Monastery: St. John the Forerunner Greek Orthodox Monastery